Borough of East Washington
Council Meeting Monday, February 5, 2018 – 7:00 pm
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Public Request – Any person from the public may speak for a 3 minute period. Please state your name, address and subject. Please choose a representative to speak if you have the same concern.
Approve Minutes – January 2, 2018
Approve Bills – General Account $ 11,956.25 and Liq. Fuels PLGIT Account $ 8,359.60
Library Board Representative
- Appoint Borough Engineer
- Motion for appoint Commissions and/or advertise to fill:
- Appoint Members of the Planning Commission, David Posner, Chairman, Term ends 2020, Guy Tucci, term ends 2020 Mike Robinson, term ends 2020 Kent James, term ends 2018 Stan Myers, term ends 2018, Ray Dunlevy, terms ends 2020, Jerry Cypher (6 members)
- Appoint Members of the Zoning Hearing Board, Tom Shade, Chairman, term ends 2020, Tim Hillebrand, term ends 2019 (need 1)
- Appoint Members of the Park & Shade Commission, Chairman, Reca Panian term ends 2020 (need 8 members)
- Appoint Members of the Board of Code Enforcement Appeals Tom Vreeland, term ends 2020, (3 members) (need 2)
- Appoint Jeff Bull, term ends 2020, to serve on the Washington-East Washington Joint Authority Board
- Appoint Council Member Dawn Petrosky term ends 2021 to serve on the Citizens Library Board.
- Motion to authorize Widmer Engineering, Inc. (Rich Rush) to apply for the PENNDOT Highway Occupancy permit to repair curbs on North Avenue in East Washington Borough.
- Discuss Meeting and Workshop dates and times – Motion and Vote to approve and advertise.
- Status of Columbia Gas Agreement –Dennis Makel
- Discuss/Confirm Widmer Engineering (Rich Rush) authority to proceed with Lingg Project–Burns to do concrete work.
- Name change to Park & Recreation Commission
- Borough Ordinance regarding political yard signs, Special Election-Congressional 18th District on March 13.
- Borough committees
Solicitor – Dennis Makel
Engineer – Widmer Engineering, Inc. – Rich Rush
Mayor – Michael Gomber, Light at Faith Christian School
Matt Boice, President
Harold Hartger, Vice President
Dawn Petrosky – Borough Committees
Adjournment Motion to continue the meeting at the call of the President.